Edge Extension Behavior

I recently migrated from using Chrome to using Microsoft's Edge browser. I'm seeing strange behavior with the Edge Extension that I didn't experience with the Chrome Extension. First, in the past when I unlocked the 1Password application the browser extension would unlock automatically. I know have to unlock the browser even when the App is unlocked. Second, in the past when the browser extension was unlocked it would unlock both 1Password accounts associated with the App and browser extension. Now it unlocks the personal 1Password account but leaves the business 1Password account in a lock status. I have to manually unlock the business account by signing into it within the browser. These added steps aren't required with the Chrome extension, so I'm wondering if I've got some setting checked I'm not aware of that is requiring all this extra work?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @IGotThisOne!

Please take a look onto the classic extension. It should fix your problems. ;)
    https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

• IGotThisOne
    IGotThisOne
    Community Member

Okay, so I think I've discovered the answer to my own question... While using Chrome I have been using the newly classified "Classic Extension" code name for the old one. This does integrate with the desktop app and behaves as I described. The newly offered browser extensions appear to be completely stand alone, not requiring the installation of the desktop app. Although this is a nice feature the behavior is very different. It does have some great new features but it also has lost some that the Classic Extension has. If the plans are to sunset the "Classic Extension" I'd ask that the 1Password team look for ways to add back some of the convenience features like not having to do double unlocking and also ensure if a user has multiple accounts associated with the extension it doesn't require unlocking each 1Password account separately. These are not an enhancement.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@IGotThisOne:

Our developers are currently working on adding the integration with the desktop app also in the new extension ;) Please see this announcement here in the forum for all the details:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

• IGotThisOne
    IGotThisOne
    Community Member

Thank you @DenalB and @ag_ana for the fast responses. I guess this is another major application strategy shift with the browser extensions that I missed any announcement about. Based on some of the other support threads it is confusing other users too.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thank you @DenalB and @ag_ana for the fast responses.

You're very welcome! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @IGotThisOne :+1:

This discussion has been closed.