Can not update my 1Password installation on my Apple M1 MacBook Air to

Options
octavia11
octavia11
Community Member

Hi,

my new Apple M1 MacBook Air with M1 processor is requesting me to do an update on my local 1Password installation via Apple MacStore.
Whenever I am trying to get this update the installation/update failes. It´s telling me that I need to close 1Password first of all. Even though I Quit 1Password via the Mac Taskbar.

Thanks in advance for your support

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• octavia11
    octavia11
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I think I found the answer now by myself (by reading a few articles here in the forum). Now I am on 1Password Version 7.8.

Thanks a lot and BR,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @octavia11! I am glad to hear that you managed to update to 7.8.

For future reference, what ended up working for you?

• nm12053
    nm12053
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with the same machine. I haven't figured out what's wrong.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nm12053

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please try these instructions:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Drag the 1Password application from Applications folder to the Trash and empty the Trash
    3. Download a fresh copy of the latest version from here https://1password.com/downloads/mac/
    4. Quit Safari
    5. Run the installer downloaded above
    6. Restart your computer
    7. Open and unlock 1Password
    8. Open Safari and verify 1Password works properly

I hope that helps!

Ben

• nm12053
    nm12053
    Community Member
    Options

I had been opening 1Password in the dock and then quit the program. I kept getting error message to close the program during update. This time I right clicked 1password in the toolbar and quit as you suggested. Then tried to update again thru App Store and that did the trick and it updated. Thanks

• That's great to hear. If you encounter any troubles, we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.