1Password classic extension thinks Edge for Mac is not a secure browser

Options

For some reason the 1Password "classic" extension doesn't recognize Microsoft Edge as a valid browser:

I have the browser-native new 1Password installed but it's a major UX downgrade and I'd like to use the one that ties into the desktop app.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @corybirdsong!

Do you perhaps have a pending update of Edge? This often happens when the browser is in the middle of an update, and making sure there are no updates left to apply is enough to make the message go away.

Note that you might have to quit 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch it after the browser update.

• corybirdsong
    corybirdsong
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yeah, it's all up to date. I see the same version number when redownloading the installer from Microsoft.

I am also on a Mac with an M1 chip, and this is the Apple Silicon-native version of Edge.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corybirdsong:

For confirmation, have you also tried quitting 1Password completely, and restarting it?

• corybirdsong
    corybirdsong
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes, this has persisted through a full restart of the computer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corybirdsong:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• corybirdsong
    corybirdsong
    Community Member
    Options

IKX-23754-518

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @corybirdsong ,
    I see one of our team members already replied to your ticket, so we'll continue there :+1:

ref: IKX-23754-518

This discussion has been closed.