[Feature Requests] Autofill Keyboard Shortcut & Save Forms (Form Fill)

Options
Jmtyra
Jmtyra
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

New 1Password user here, left LastPass and still learning but loving 1Password so far!! 😍😍 Wish I would have migrated years ago. 🤦‍♂️

I would like to submit two feature requests and my apologies if these have already been requested. I didn't find them when searching but maybe I overlooked a thread somewhere. 😯

Request #1 -- [Autofill Keyboard Shortcut] Please add an autofill keyboard shortcut which would allow the user to trigger the automatic fill of the user/pass into a login page, similar to the left-click action. This is a feature I used a lot with LastPass and I'm missing it already. 🙁 It would allow a user to trigger 1Password to fill in the user/pass for a particular website without using the mouse. I hope that makes sense!

Request #2 -- [Save Forms / Form Fill] Another feature I'm spoiled to is the ability to save all forms on a page into their 'vault' for later use, in addition to (or even separate from) their username and password. This was great for repetitive forms, such as complex sign-up forms or other form data that isn't a user/pass form. Please let me know if screenshots would be helpful or more information is required.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!! 💗

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: version 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jmtyra! Welcome to the forum!

Request #1 -- [Autofill Keyboard Shortcut] Please add an autofill keyboard shortcut which would allow the user to trigger the automatic fill of the user/pass into a login page, similar to the left-click action. This is a feature I used a lot with LastPass and I'm missing it already. 🙁 It would allow a user to trigger 1Password to fill in the user/pass for a particular website without using the mouse. I hope that makes sense!

I have passed your suggestion to the developers :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

Request #2 -- [Save Forms / Form Fill] Another feature I'm spoiled to is the ability to save all forms on a page into their 'vault' for later use, in addition to (or even separate from) their username and password. This was great for repetitive forms, such as complex sign-up forms or other form data that isn't a user/pass form. Please let me know if screenshots would be helpful or more information is required.

For filling non-login forms, have you tried using Identity items already? This documentation page has some information about it:

Save and fill credit cards and addresses

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana! 😃

For request #1, I appreciate you sending the suggestion to the developers. 🏆

For request #2, yes I have testing this, unfortunately I have to manually enter each field by hand. 😞 Let's say I am signing up for a webinar with 12 forms, like job title and other questions. With LastPass there was an option to save all of the entered fields. However with 1Password I must manually create the field labels and associated content when creating a new identity. While it works, it's highly manual and not ideal. Perhaps this could be sent as a suggestion as well please? 😃

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmtyra:

Thank you for the clarification!

Perhaps this could be sent as a suggestion as well please?

Done :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#287

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!! 😃👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Jmtyra! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.