windows 1PX no longer works

Options
eelliott
eelliott
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

the 1P X extension has stopped working. It launches but says "no items found" to every website that is already loaded in main 1P. Additionally, when trying to log into SnapScan Merchant site, even 1P will not recognize the site.!

1Password Version: 7.6.794
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Win 10 Pro v20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows 1PX no longer works

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eelliott!

It launches but says "no items found" to every website that is already loaded in main 1P.

Do you perhaps have multiple vaults in your 1Password? I wonder if your extension is showing a specific vault.

Additionally, when trying to log into SnapScan Merchant site, even 1P will not recognize the site.!

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean by "recognize the site"? Where are things failing exactly?

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member
    Options

I do have multiple vaults, but the extension is showing correct vault for the site. "Recognize" means that 1P is saying "no items found", even though (as shown on screenshot) an entry exists for that site.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eelliott:

Can you try adding a website field to that Login item? From your screenshot, I see that you only have username and password, but without the URL 1Password won't be able to suggest that Login while you are on the website.

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member
    Options

thx I have added and that helped. Usually when I'm creating a new login while on the web page 1P captures and inserts the current web address but it did not for some reason this time. After further experiments I noticed an anomaly: I change the vault in the 1PX extension, it correctly finds and suggests. The next time I open in a new session the extension, it reverts to the orginal (incorrect) vault and therefore does not find or suggest correctly. In other words, the setting of a vault does not appear 'sticky' as I think it should.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eelliott:

thx I have added and that helped.

That's great to hear, thank you for the update :)

I change the vault in the 1PX extension, it correctly finds and suggests. The next time I open in a new session the extension, it reverts to the orginal (incorrect) vault and therefore does not find or suggest correctly. In other words, the setting of a vault does not appear 'sticky' as I think it should.

This is actually the default behavior at the moment. I can see how it would be useful to select a different vault though, so I will pass your feedback to the developers for future consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#570

This discussion has been closed.