Import '.agilekeychain' vaults into 1password.com account

Options
zBrain
zBrain
Community Member

I am upgrading our Mac based office from 1Password 6 to Password 7

What is the process to import '.agilekeychain' vaults shared on Dropbox to a 1password.com Team account? I have about 35 vaults and it worked very well for our specific needs. I probably need to merge them into 7 shared vaults. i.e. approx. 10 vaults to 1 shared vault, 20 vaults to another shared vault and 5 vaults to 5 shared vaults.

When I attempt to follow the UI process of
- Selecting the old vault on Dropbox via Syncing Preferences
- Importing from 1Password 6 to our Team account
- I then get a Finder window asking me to choose between 2 files in my folder ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data
- The 2 files are B5.sqlite and OnePassword.sqlight (I assume the B5 file is a backup and the OnePassword is the primary data file)

Looking for the best approach with the least number of steps before I go down the rabbit hole.

Thanks,

Alan

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud (primary) and Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:import '.agilekeychain' vaults into 1password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zBrain!

Do you have both the old agilekeychain vaults and the new 1Password account in the same 1Password app? In that case, the easiest option would just be to move the items from the old vault to the new one, without exporting or importing:

Move and copy items

• zBrain
    zBrain
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, updating from 6 to 7 kept all the old vaults, just broke their sync. I just tried this. I never selected all items in a vault before to 'move' but now I see that is an option. That was too easy.

Thanks,

Alan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @zBrain! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.