Chrome (for M1 Macs) 1password extension super slow to enter password?

Options
p1307
p1307
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using Chrome V89.0.4389.90 (for M1 macbooks) with the 1password browser extension (1.23.1) - when I go to enter my master password, there is a substantial delay - around 5 seconds between typing and the characters being entered, it also only allows a few characters at a time to be entered, and sometimes does not respond at all. If it's any relevance, the seperate 1password application runs fine.

I've removed and reinstalled the extension with no luck.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: OS X 11.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension slow

Comments

• yichi_lin
    yichi_lin
    Community Member
    Options

I have same issue with same Chrome(V89.0.4389.90) and 1password((1.23.1) version on my Mac(OS X 11.2.3).
    I have diagnose report generated but unfortunately the zip file formate is not allow to upload in here.
    Any thought?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@p1307, @yichi_lin:

Are you by chance using an external display? I wonder if you are encountering the Chrome bug that was discussed here.

• yichi_lin
    yichi_lin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,
    thanks for the information. I'm encountering exactly the same issue with external monitor.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That would be it then @yichi_lin, thank you for the confirmation :+1: Hopefully the Chromium team will find a way to address this soon.

• p1307
    p1307
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana - can confirm the issue was fixed by entering the password on my primary display and not the secondary display. Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @p1307, and thank you for the update :)

• ag_michaelc
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @p1307 and @yichi_lin. I have a few thoughts to add in addition to Ana's. :smile: First, this should be purely a visual glitch, meaning you can actually enter your full password and hit enter/return on your keyboard, and your password should be submitted just fine. But I have even better news — we've made some changes on our side to work around the Chromium CSS issues, so in a future release, you shouldn't see this at all. Or, if you'd like, you can even test this in our beta version (which is currently at the release candidate stage!) if you'd like to get it sooner.

https://1password.com/downloads/#beta-downloads

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.