Chrome extension demands secret key; I have standalone app

I have 1Password 6 standalone. I needed to remove the original Chrome extension because it asking me to reload the extension every time I used it. I removed it from Chrome and then downloaded and installed a new extension. The extension requires me to provide a secret key, even though I don't have one, to use the extension in Chrome. I cannot log in to the extension in Chrome.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: OS X 11,.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension demands secret key; I have standalone app

Comments

• Zaphod7
    Zaphod7
    Community Member

Never mind. Figured out I needed to use the Classic extension. Installed that and it works again. Thanks for maintaining those editions and legacy info.

For what it's worth, my significant other tried to switch me to Keeper. It's current version is much inferior to 1Password 6. I'll be upgrading to the current 1Password soon.

• Hello @Zaphod7,

It is great to hear that everything works for you after installing the classic extension. However, we have stopped releasing new updates for 1Password 6 for a long time. If you are interested in upgrading to a newer version of 1Password, please send us an email to our support page. We can help you create a new account and send you a promotion code to get you to start with the new 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.