Automatically login to group of sites

Options
mkwerle
mkwerle
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

At work, I have to login to several things nearly every day. It would be really cool to somehow script this with one password. The idea would be:

1) Make a list of login pages (maybe call it a login set).
2) Have 1Password automatically login to each page in the list (some require separate username/password pages) triggered by a 1Password mini menu item or hot key.
3) (Bonus) Figure out how to deal with HTTP Basic Auth -- sadly, my employer still uses this for an alarming number of sites, despite its insecurity.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mkwerle ,

That's a nice idea, but there are some security concerns when it comes to automating such processes and performing clicks/keyboard presses for the user, which we actively try to avoid.

However, I think you may find the following helpful:

1. Have 1Password in the browser installed: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    2. Mark your most used logins (the ones you use every day) as favorites - that will make them show up first in the list when you call the extension.
    3. Call the extension by clicking its icon on the top right corner of your browser or by pressing CMD+SHIFT+X, select the login you need and hit Enter. Repeat this step for every login until you have them all opened.
    4. 1Password will open each website and autofill what it can. This will also work on basic auth prompts.

Let me know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.