Current secure password generation functionality

Options

I am a Lastpass expat evaluating 1Password functionality. I understand that the preferred way of generating a secure pw is to click on the button appearing in the password field. However, this button does not appear for every website, and I would like an easy ability to generate a secure password in such cases. The help docs that I found seem to be outdated. They direct me to click on the extension button, then "+", then on password generator. There seems to be no "Password generator" entry. There is a "Password" one, seemingly meant to be a vault entry, rather than a generator. It can be used to generate a secure password, but there is no history or copy buttons there.
Am I missing something here? Is there a less awkward way to generate a secure password? In Lastpass and Bitwarden this functionality is available in the page right-click menu as well as top-level on the extension menu.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hey @railshot , Welcome to 1Password! :chuffed:

If 1Password doesn't automatically show on the page where you need a new password, you can get to the generator like so:

1. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it.
    2. Click the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu.
    3. Select the "Password Generator" (the very first option in the list, above the "Login" option).
  • railshot
    railshot
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh, I am blind. Thanks for stating that it was above the Login option.

• No worries, we all need a bit of help from time to time. We're glad that you asked and we could assist you. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.