How do I associate a password with an iOS app in the vault?

Options
DogBlack
DogBlack
Community Member

I have a number of apps that are not integrated with 1Password. I can associate a website and some apps manage to be associated so that when I click on the 3rd party app's username / password fields then select the passwords button on the bottom of the screen and have the option of iCloud or 1Password. When I select 1Password, log in I am then presented with ALL the passwords and I have to search. Some apps have managed to be recognised in 1Password. How do I add that manually?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I associate a password with an iOS app in the vault?

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DogBlack!

How do I add that manually?

It depends on the app you are trying to use 1Password with. Often apps recognize their website. So when you create a login for the Facebook app, and you store the Facebook-URL in that entry it should work because the app recognizes the URL in the matching entry. But there are a lot of apps which don't recognize the URL in an entry. So there is nothing you could do to make the detection work.

For apps which I'm using very often and which don't recognize the matching URL I set their entries as favorites in 1Password. So when I try to log into such an app and the entry is not recognized I can use one of the favorites which are ticked to the top of all entries.

Maybe this workaround helps you too?

• @DenalB

For apps which I'm using very often and which don't recognize the matching URL I set their entries as favorites in 1Password.

That's an interesting take. I've been here so long I thought I had noticed almost all of the uses. Thanks for letting me know there are still new and exciting paths out there. Nice!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Oh, great that I could help @ag_tommy ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.