Unlock Password Message

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

Hi, I have noticed that on one website I keep getting the Unlock 1Password message, but 1Password is already unlocked.

Is this an error or something I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

1Password 7
Version 7.8 (70800001)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.5.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @iwaddo

If after unlocking can you refresh the page? Does it show unlocked at this point? Can you share the specific site?

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am sure you can probably guess that it did not happen again on that site, it is a site I visit infrequently so perhaps it is not unsurprising.

However, it has just happened again on a completely different site. I've been using my iMac on and off all day, in fact just a few minutes ago I populated by card details to order a pizza then I went to a different site and the same Unlock 1Password appeared. Clicking the blue buttons does not do anything and I can access 1Password, it is not locked.

I've Just gone back to the same site and now 1Password is offering my password choice, so seems to be working. I have noticed that my Time Machine is busy so I wonder if my iMac was busy, 1Password did not respond quickly enough and misinterpreted the problem as locked. Having said that the Time Machine does not appear to slow my iMac so my hypothesis may be complete nonsense :-)

Just sharing in case anyone else has reported anything similar.

Regards

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo:

Thank you for the update! Should this happen again, can you try refreshing the browser page once right away, and see if the inline menu shows unlocked in that case?

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Hi, so the message appeared again this morning, it was the same website that I first noticed it on. Doing nothing other than a browser page refresh and clicking back into the password field worked as expected.

Please let me know if I can help further

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo:

Can you try updating to version 7.8.1 of 1Password for Mac, and see if that improves things for you?

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I have upgraded to 7.8.1 on my iMac which is where I noticed the Universal Clipboard in the release note but I cannot honestly remember whether that was before or after the issue this morning, I think it was before, but I'll let you know if it happens again.

Thank you for your support.

• :+1:

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

I saw this again today, it was on one of the sites that I had seen it on previously. A browser refresh then clicking back into the password field worked as expected.

Please let me know if I can help further

• @iwaddo

Is the site one you can share here? If not, or if you would prefer, you can email it to us using support@1password.com If you chose to write in, please include a link to this topic.

https://1password.community/discussion/120170/unlock-password-message

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I’ve done that, Thank you for your help. Regards

• :+1:

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

This is still happening on one of the sites I visit weekly.

Refreshing the browser seems to resolve it.

I have emailed the details with link back to this thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @iwaddo :+1:

This discussion has been closed.