edit passwords

Options
jeanlagueyte
jeanlagueyte
Community Member

Hello,
For some time now, I have not been able to customize the passwords in browser extensions whether it is safari or google chrome: the edited passwords are always the same length without any possibility of choice, while the application of desktop allows you to choose the length, number of symbols and numbers exactly as in the past.
Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: osx 10.13.6
Sync Type: synchro avec 1password

Comments

• @jeanlagueyte

I believe what you are experiencing is the intended behavior at this time. Let me refer you to a community thread where our Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts (AKA: security team lead), Jeffrey Goldberg, talks about this change in behavior.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/508219/#Comment_508219

• jeanlagueyte
    jeanlagueyte
    Community Member
    Options

I notice that the desktop application to keep the old password generator like on the smartphone; Should we expect the same modification on these.
    Since the extensions, on some sites that only accept numbers or short passwords I have no choice but to edit them manually which is a waste of time But I hope the application still allows automatic synchronization with smartphones which for me is essential.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeanlagueyte:

I notice that the desktop application to keep the old password generator like on the smartphone; Should we expect the same modification on these.

Yes, some changes appeared in every client app already.

But I hope the application still allows automatic synchronization with smartphones which for me is essential.

It does :+1:

This discussion has been closed.