[Feature Request] Alphabetize tags within each item

Options

When selecting tags to filter available items, the selection is presented in alphabetical order. However the tags do not seem to be alphabetically sorted within a particular item; they are saved in the order in which they were entered.

It would be nice if the software automatically alphabetized tags within each login/credit card/password/etc. I expect it would sort them immediately after saving, or after clicking away and back to the item. I experienced this behavior by editing a login's tags through the web interface (typing in tags in a non-alphabetical order, which is the order in which they occurred to me). I double-checked by also viewing the login in my 1PasswordX browser extension. In both places, the tags are presented in order in which they were entered, not in alphabetical order.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:alphabetical tag

Comments

• Hey @nukmicah. I appreciate the feedback and idea — I too think it would be pretty nice for tags to be sorted alphabetically. I've shared your request with the development team for further consideration. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#6455

This discussion has been closed.