When I update a PW on a website, the STRONG Safari or 1PW generated PW never updates the 1PW DB

din209
din209
Community Member

So I am on a web site, and Safari or 1PW creates a STRONG password. I accept it, and it never updates the 1PW DB entry. What am I not doing?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:update logon with a generated pw

Comments

• @din209

If you've generated the password, you'll still need to go through the site's change password process. 1Password will not automatically change the password for you. Is that the issue you're experiencing or something different?

• din209
    din209
    Community Member

Thanks for the help ... No, let’s say I goto a web site, and my 1PW password logon does not have the current PW for the site. I select Forgot PW, supply my creds or a code they send to me, then when I clink on NewPassword, a strong PW is filled in by Safari, in both the new and verify fields. If I accept, I do not get the 1PW dialogue to update the entry in the 1PW DB, and I am not able to COPY it to manually change the DB. I suspect I am not doing something correctly in this sequence, or out of sequence ....

• @din209

I think you may have browser password manager enabled. If that's the case, I would suggest turning off the built-in password manager in your browser as it can interfere with save attempts from 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.