Suggestion for handling debit cards.

As there is no category for debit cards, and using Credit Cards for this purpose is inaccurate and somewhat confusing initially, I would suggest changing the category name from Credit Cards to Payment Cards. This would make the category more generalized and more logically encompass debit cards and other payment cards. This category naming is used in LastPass and other password managers for good reason.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:payment card

Comments

• dentted
    dentted
    Community Member

Oh, and add a "Debit" selection in the "type" pop down list of Credit Cards whether or not you change the category name to Payment Cards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dentted!

Thank you for this suggestion as well! I have let our developers know about your feedback :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#30

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

+1 from me @ag_ana !

Actually I got a debit card and didn't know how to add it into 1Password. As a workaround I added the new debit card as a credit card. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @DenalB, noted :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks again! :+1: ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• ukwiz
    ukwiz
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Any response about how to do this from 1password yet?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

@ukwiz:

Yes, as I mentioned above, I have let our developers know about this suggestion :)

Edit: I am editing my reply after you edited your question, so it's not confusing for people who will read this in the future :+1: Since currently you can only use one of the default values from the dropdown, I recommend choosing the type of card (VISA, Mastercard etc), regardless of whether it's a credit or debit card (that is what I do at least). You can also edit the title of the item by appending "Debit" in case you want to make it clearer without having to look at the card details.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I recommend choosing the type of card (VISA, Mastercard etc), regardless of whether it's a credit or debit card (that is what I do at least). You can also edit the title of the item by appending "Debit" in case you want to make it clearer without having to look at the card details.

That's exactly what I did so far. ;) :+1:

• Sorry, post removed as I realized you were talking about Windows. Carry on nothing to see here. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.