Hi Team hope you are all well
Please check this plan for any serious points of failure... Bear in mind:
- That a physical copy of our private keys, is not ideal because I and my family travel a lot.
- That all of us in the family trust each other 100% with each other's finances.
- The biggest risk IMO is user error, e.g. mistyping seeds, and loss of a physical paper/steal copy.
- We set up a Family Account, with our computers all running VPNs.
- We enable 2FA across the board
- We create a shared folder for each member that contains our:
- emergency keys and master password
- a screenshot of our crypto seed phrases (we delete the image, empty trash, and wipe our clipboard as soon as it's uploaded)
- a secure note backup of seed phrases i.e. typed out (in case the image file becomes corrupted).
I understand that if a hacker manages to compromise one of our accounts we are all screwed, however, this seems almost impossible with 2FA and VPNs implemented.
Looking forward to your feedback.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided