Importing CSV with custom headers

Zectzozda
Zectzozda
Community Member

Hi there,

I've obtained a list of logins that I want to import into 1Password. I've followed MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite) article and generated the 1P_import.1pif file almost successfully. In my CSV, I have 2 custom fields: Role and Login-Manual?. My CSV looks as follows as per the script's README):

Once the script converts the .csv to the 1P_import.1pif file and I import it into the 1Password application, it appends the custom columns to the Notes field. I tried moving the Notes field to the left of the custom fields in case it wasn't detecting them or something, but it doesn't change anything.

How can I import the custom fields?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.24.0 for Firefox
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Sync Type: 1Password full account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

Hi @Zectzozda!

I cannot really see the screenshot as it's very small, so can you confirm that the table has this structure?

title,website,username,password,notes,custom field 1,custom field 2,custom field …

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2021

Hi @Zectzozda ,

[Edit: no need to send a file - see next post]

Can you send me a two row sample CSV? Row 1 should be the header, row 2 just sample data (nothing confidential, please). I want to check your file format.

My email is at the top of the convert.pl script.

FYI column order won’t matter, just the labels are important.

Also, remove the last empty column.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2021

@Zectzozda ,

No need to send me a file. I tested the converter and reproduced the issue. Somehow I disabled the automatic custom field creation for this converter, and just haven't noticed or had reports mentioning it. Sorry about that.

I've updated the converter suite to resolve this. You can get the new one, or just add the --addfields option to your command line. Change log text:

The updated README explains how to disable the option:

Example runs:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just dropping in to say thanks again for all you do, @MrC <3

This discussion has been closed.