Getting Brave extension to log in - help

I've been using 1password with both chrome and brave for some time now. Had a hard drive failure and now doing fresh installs. I downloaded the newest Brave download, and then went and got 1password from the brave extension store. When I click on the 1password icon in the extension area it brings up this link chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome my understanding is that once I log in with this, it should unlock my extension and enable it. The issue is no matter how many times I log in, the extension sends me to this link everytime. This means entering secret keys and not getting the option for autofills. I miss my working 1pass, please send help! :P

I'm on the default settings for brave, I don't recall having to do anything special with chrome, or brave previously. Is there something I am missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pigsofa!

Is your browser set to delete all cache and cookies when you quit it? Also, what version of the 1Password browser extension do you currently have installed?

• pigsofa
    pigsofa
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

I version 1.24.0 of the extension.

My browser does not clear cache and cookies on exit. It is set to block 3rd party cookies, but I have both the "my.1password.ca" and the "my.1password.com" white listed.

Anything else that could be doing it?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pigsofa ,

Can you please try this:

1. Remove 1Password from Brave.
    2. Go to https://my.1password.com (or my.1password.ca if you have a Canadian account).
    3. Click the little Brave shield icon on the right corner of Brave's address bar and turn it off.
    4. Download and install 1Password in Brave: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    5. Log into your account when it asks you to and activate the extension. Make sure that you do not have the "This is a public or shared computer" selected/enabled in our website's login page when you log into your account.

Let us know if that improved things.

• pigsofa
    pigsofa
    Community Member

@ag_yaron It works, life is good again

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @pigsofa! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.