Delete Family Member - how about members personal vault?

Hello 1password-Team, I have a question in regards to Families - is this still the case that when a family member is removed all his vaults will be dropped as well?
Reason: Passwords are something personal, almost intimate - but downside of that family member ship is - if I have a "fight" with someone from my family the head of family could simply remove his account and all his passwords are lost then. (which is a catastrophe for that person) So is this still the case or will the removed account be left with all his data in a kind of Read only state and only the shared vaults are inaccessible? How is it currently implemented. I love that membership type but I don't feel comfortable to have to much "power" over those important data from another person. Can a "ditched" family member migrate to stand alone single user with his vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @telephoneman2!

Hello 1password-Team, I have a question in regards to Families - is this still the case that when a family member is removed all his vaults will be dropped as well?

If you delete the account, all vaults are deleted. In case you don't want to do this, you can also suspend an account instead, and if you want the family member to keep using 1Password afterwards, they need their own account first, so that they can move their data there, before the deletion.

• but that means the head of family is able to kill the password database of all family members without any need of their approval?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@telephoneman2:

If you are the owner of the 1Password Families account yes: as an owner, you created the account and can also delete it, you have admin powers on it. The alternative at the moment would be for every member to use their own separate account if you think this is a risk you don't want to accept.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file