secure.netlinksolution.com filling in login and password, then login is cleared

garyhooper
garyhooper
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

On secure.netlinksolution.com, I press command-. My Login and Password are filled in by 1Password, and my Login is then immediately cleared.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @garyhooper

Thanks for reaching out! I've tested secure.netlinksolution.com on my end and am able to properly save and fill both fields. Can you try manually saving a new login and let me know if it improves your filling experience? https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

I am using the 1Password extension, not 1Password X, so there is no Save Login.

I am seeing this behaviour in both Firefox and Chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@garyhooper:

In that case, can you try these instructions instead?

Use the 1Password classic extension to save a login manually in your browser

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

Updating did not correct the problem.

However, I've tried logging in 6 times this morning. 5 attempts erased the ID, 1 attempt did not. The successful one was the first attempt. Could there be a cookie/caching issue?

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

This behaviour is definitely intermittent. Sometimes it erases the ID, sometimes it works just fine.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @garyhooper ,
    Thanks for the additional information.

I was able to replicate the behavior you are describing. After investigating the website a bit further, I saw there's some blur and focus effects on the username field that cause this, alongside some Javascript that remembers the content of the field between sessions and restores it when 1Password jumps to the password field (e.g. if it was empty before autofilling, it will re-empty when 1Password autofills the password field, but if you type in something in the username and then autofill, then whatever you typed will show up again after a moment - this persists between browser sessions so clearing cache should work the first time you autofill there).

Not much we can do here with 1Password Classic (the extension that you are using) due to the way it is built to handle such effects. Aside from using 1Password in the browser (1Password X), the only thing I can suggest is that you drag and drop your username from 1Password Classic's window into the field on the website.

This discussion has been closed.