11Password always locks in Firefox on iMac OS 10.14.6

farse
farse
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

Mac OS 10.14.6 and Firefox 87.0 1Password 7.8: 1Password locks after a few minutes of non-use even with all Security Preferences OFF and Browser Preference set at Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running. Firefox is set to Always allow automatic updates. What can I do to keep the extension available always?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.24.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password always locks in Firefox on iMac OS 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @farse!

You cannot keep the extension open always for security reasons, but you can extend the automatic lock in the extension settings if you wish:

• farse
    farse
    Community Member

I'll try 600 minutes. Logging in once a day is tolerable. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @farse :+1: Let us know if you have any other questions.

• @farse,

The reason it locks more frequently than the mac app is because the extension you have installed has no connectivity to the mac app. You'd want to use the classic extension if you wanted to have that type of integration.

• farse
    farse
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

I'm not sure what "mac app" you refer to. I use this exclusively on desktop and laptop. where the 1Password app is installed along with Firefox. If your comment refers to this situation, where do I get the "classic extension"?

But it looks like you're right because the "600 minutes" didn't work. It still locks after what seems like 10 - 15 minutes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@farse:

I'm not sure what "mac app" you refer to.

Rudy was referring to 1Password for Mac, the desktop app you install in your Applications folder.

If your comment refers to this situation, where do I get the "classic extension"?

You can download it from here:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• farse
    farse
    Community Member

After installing the classic extension and restarting Firefox, all is good.

This discussion has been closed.