Cannot sign into 1password app!!!

Options
anunziat
anunziat
Community Member

I'm in day three of my free trial and this is not inspiring. I was suddenly logged out of my 1password app on my iphone. It asks for my master password. I type it in, it says decrypting, and then says "Please try again" with absolutely no explanation of why it won't accept my password. I repeatedly type in the master password making sure it's correct, I've tried Face ID, I've tried passwords saved on my keychain. Absolutely nothing is working. I need help ASAP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• anunziat
    anunziat
    Community Member
    Options

I also am locked out of my work 1password account. It's not accepting either master password for either account. Extremely frustrating.

• @anunziat

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

I suspect you may have had a Primary vault on your system. Can you try unlocking with any Master Passwords you may have used. If you're still having trouble it may be best to contact us directly where we can look at your account specifics, please use support@1password.com to do that. You're welcome to reply here but the information we can help with is limited to no account specifics.

This discussion has been closed.