Wells Fargo always requiring Master Password

Options

Hi All. I'm new to this so it's probably something I'm doing wrong, but why is Wells Fargo always asking me for a Master Password? It defeats the purpose of having a password manager if you have to key in a password every time. I'm using Chrome in Windows 10 if it helps.

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: 1.24.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @maarifh

Are you closing your browser between attempts to access the site? If so I would suggest checking your auto-lock settings within 1Password in the browser.

Get to know 1Password in your browser

• maarifh
    maarifh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply @ag_tommy . Yes, I am closing the browser. And apparently, it's not just Wells Fargo, it's any website I try to go to after I relaunch the browser. And yes, I already have the "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @maarifh ,
    Thanks for the additional info.

1Password in the browser will currently lock up when you close the browser regardless of the auto-lock settings. We're working on some new features that will allow it to remain unlocked alongside your 1Password 7 desktop app, but until that happens, you can use 1Password Classic instead which will remain unlocked for as long as the desktop app is unlocked (even if you close the browser): https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

This discussion has been closed.