Trouble Signing to Set-up and Start Using 1Password

Options
Sammyschance
Sammyschance
Community Member

I am new to 1Password and have signed-up with an individual account. When I sign in on my Mac it asks me for:
1) Email address
2) Secret Key
3) Master Password

I have read if you have an individual account, you Don't Need a SECRET KEY so I am confused and I cannot get past this area to login without one.

Firefox is my browser - do I need to add the extension? Also confused about that

I have downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac
I have also downloaded the iOS app on my iPhone - it is also asking for my Sign-in address, Email Address, SECRET KEY and Master Password.

It has been so confusing for me and I am frustrated. I am not sure I remember my Master Password, how to get the Kit and would really appreciate any help you may provide.

Thank you so much.
Pam

(I would like to provide 1Password Version (I just signed up recently if that helps), 1Password Extension Version, and Sync Type, but I am not sure where to get the information)

I am using MacOS Big Sur Version 11.2.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sammyschance!

I have read if you have an individual account, you Don't Need a SECRET KEY so I am confused and I cannot get past this area to login without one.

You do need a Secret Key also with an Individual account. Only if you have a standalone license (no online account), you don't get a Secret Key. You can see your Secret Key in your Emergency Kit. Alternatively, if you did not download this document when prompted, you have some other options to locate your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Firefox is my browser - do I need to add the extension? Also confused about that

If you want 1Password to fill your credentials on websites, then yes, you do need to install the extension. You can download it from here.

• Sammyschance
    Sammyschance
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your response. I am unable to find my Secret Key so I believe the only thing I can do is delete my account and start over. Is that correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sammyschance:

That's correct. We can help you with that if you prefer. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.