Mid-progress Add is lost if Vault drop-down is changed

I was very surprised when my form entry was lost without warning. I was in the middle of adding a new entry. I noticed the vault was not where I wanted it to go. I changed the vault drop-down (at top). The page changed--no longer adding--and my typing was lost.
1) It should warn like other websites if about to leave a form and lose the typing.
2) It should be possible to select which vault to save to after starting the form typing.
This is on https://my.1password.com/vaults

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jimk3 ,

Sounds like you have been using our 1Password web app. If that is the case, you can't change a vault when creating/saving a new item. You'll want to save the item first, then move it to another vault.

I would also suggest you consider using 1Password with our native desktop app, which will improve your editing (and managing) experience by a lot: https://1password.com/downloads/

With the desktop app you'll be able to edit, copy, move, delete and duplicate items very easily and things won't refresh mid-way :)

• jimk3
    jimk3
    Community Member

The web app was open because when you Edit from the browser extension it opens the web page. It was a matter of convenience to use the page for adding a new item a few minutes later.

My main point is that it's bad for web pages to drop user input without warning. Sure, maybe I can't change the vault while filling the form and you don't plan to add that ability. If the page had warned me of input loss and given me the chance to stay on the form, I would have saved it and then figured out how to change the vault. I wasn't given that opportunity--data loss is a bad experience.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that clarification @jimk3 !

I have forwarded your feedback to the web app team.

ref: dev/b5/b5#11912

This discussion has been closed.