why doesn't 1Password recognize some of the logins in my chrome browser?

Options

Sometimes 1Password recognizes where I am at in my chrome browser and I can use one click to log in. Other times it doesn't recognize the site at all and I can't see any logins in the drop down and I have to open 1Password separately and copy and paste my username and passwords in to my browser.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome browser not recognizing my logins

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gabij!

If 1Password does not show you a Login item when you visit a website, it means that the URL inside the 1Password app does not match the website you are visiting. Can you check one of these items and see if this is the case for you?

• gabij
    gabij
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Here is an example of where this is happening. It's my online school. The URL seems to be the same.![]

[removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information - this is a public forum]

• @gabij

It looks like the URL is missing from your login item for UX Design Institute. Can you edit your UX Design Institute login and add the URL to the "website" section of your Login item? Once you've done that, reload the page and test to see if the login is suggested.

• gabij
    gabij
    Community Member
    Options

OH! YAY! DUH!
    Thank you!

• On behalf of Chantelle, you're welcome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gabij:

I also wanted to let you know that I have removed the screenshot from your previous post for your privacy, since it included your personal email address.

This discussion has been closed.