Web Form Details

How can I edit Web Form Details on 1password.com? Must I have the application installed locally, edit the web form details, then sync?

When I am on 1password.com looking at an entry, I can see the "Show Web Form Details" button, but when I click on edit, it goes away.

I do not have the application installed because I thought I could do everything (with the exception of exporting if I ever had to) from 1password.com.

Thanks,

Topher

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.1
OS Version: MacOS 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @topher007!

I have tried this now and I confirm that I can't seem to find a way to edit web form details in the browser app. Perhaps this is something that we can consider adding in the future, but in the meantime can you let us know what you are trying to do? There might be an alternative that does not require editing that section.

• topher007topher007
    edited April 28

@ag_ana One of the web pages had a redesign and element IDs changed so it wasn't filling properly. I thought the easiest thing to do was simply edit the name of the fields. I can just fill the form out again, save the new and delete the old one. Not a big deal but would be nice to be able to directly edit. Thanks for your reply.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hey @topher007 ,

Indeed, it is not possible to edit web form details in our web app. In general, we're moving away from web form details and are utilizing custom fields instead.

If you save a brand new login on the page using 1Password in the browser, it will save any fields that are not username/password as a custom field instead of storing it in the saved web form details. You can also manually create custom fields in a login item and match the field's name with the HTML ID/NAME of the field on the page. That would work identically as the web form details did.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file