Using Tags in the Edge Browser Extension

I'm new to 1Password (migrating from LastPass). I'm trying to understand Tags and how to use them. I'm running a Windows 10 laptop and using the Edge browser. I have installed both the Windows desktop app and the browser extension for 1Password. I see how to create, manage and organize items with tags, which is great. However, I don't see how to 'use' tags in the browser extension. The extension allows me to filter on vaults and categories, but not tags. I know I can just type the part of the title name to find an item. But it would be nice to have a filter on tags, so I can see just the entries for that tag. Is this possible? Currently, it appears that tags are only useful for 'organizing' entries, but not for using them in a browser. Thanks for any suggestions.

1Password Version: 7.6.797 (Windows)
Extension Version: 1.24.1 (Edge)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CraigThebiker!

I agree, this would be a nice feature in the browser extension. Currently tags can be used in the client apps and on the 1Password.com web app, so I have passed your suggestion to the rest of the team :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#651

• CraigThebiker
    CraigThebiker
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. I found that I can type the tag name into the search and it will include tags as part of the search, but also other items, too. A tag filter, just like the category filter would be really nice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Agreed!

This discussion has been closed.