Double entries since moving to business (teams) account

mvereecken
mvereecken
Community Member

Hi,

I had a 1Password account, stand-alone (I bought the software) and moved to a subscription, because I need to share some passwords with others. However, since I did this all entries are doubled in my vault. So I see the same entries with the same dates twice for each one.

I suspect that it had something to do with my mobile version still being left unchanged and syncing with dropbox. How do I get rid of the doubles? What can I do?

Kind regards,
Martin

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• HI @mvereecken

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community. The most common reason for seeing duplicates after migrating to a 1Password Families, Teams, or Business membership is the existence of an older Primary vault - these vaults exist outside of accounts This vault should be removed as soon as you can see your full set of data via https://start.1password.com in your browser.

If you can sign in to your account in your browser and you see all your data, and if you have a copy of your completed Emergency Kit nearby, you're safe to remove the Primary vault, and that will take care of those duplicates.

Here's how: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Let me know if you're seeing duplicates in your newer Private vault, however, as that would require a different solution.

• mvereecken
    mvereecken
    Community Member

Hi ag_max, thanks for you answer! Indeed, I see duplicates in the browser version, and 1 vault ("Personal").

• @mvereecken,

I appreciate the helpful clarification. Looking at the basic device information provided in your signature, it looks like you're using 1Password for Windows.

Within the 1Password desktop app you can click the Reused Passwords category under the Watchtower heading. This will bring up a list of all items with duplicate passwords, allowing you go through the list and delete any extra items.

For duplicate items of other categories, sorting your Personal vault by Title will help you spot any duplicates which can then be deleted by hand.

If you happen to be using a Mac, you can make use of our built-in duplicate removal tool (not yet available in 1Password for Windows). Let me know if that's the case and I'll then provide you with some steps. :+1:

• mvereecken
    mvereecken
    Community Member

I have an old Mac laying around somewhere, I will install the Mac version later on and try to use this function, because that sounds like the best solution, right? Thanks!

• @mvereecken,

Absolutely, using the duplicate removal tool should make short work of this. As long as the Mac has macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later installed, you can set up the newer 1Password 7 for Mac:

Get the 1Password apps: 1Password for Mac

After you set up the app, you can make use of the duplicate removal tool to eliminate any exact matching items:

1. Switch to your Personal vault.
    2. From the menu bar, click Help > Tools > Clean up duplicate items.
    3. Click Move to Trash.
  • mvereecken
    mvereecken
    Community Member

@ag_max, this worked, thanks a lot! Big thank you for the quick and useful help!

• @mvereecken

You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear you were able to remove those duplicates.

Our team is always happy to assist should you need any help in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.