1password can't verify the identity of my browser (edge)

W4rl0ck
W4rl0ck
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Mac

Hi,

I had to reinstall my mac completly and now edge is not longer working.. I have downloaded the latest versions but on every start I get this error message that the signature of the browser can't be checked. I'm sure it worked before I had to reinstall.

Browser version of Edge: 90.0.818.51

The extension I use is the one from the chrome web store (Version 4.7.5.90)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

Can I do anything to fix it?

1Password Version: 7.8.1 (70801003)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @W4rl0ck!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? You might need to quit and relaunch Edge once as well, especially in case it updated recently.

• W4rl0ck
    W4rl0ck
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

I tried that but it didn't help. After restarting 1password and edge the error message showed up again. I also tried restarting the Mac multiple times the last days and the problem stayed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@W4rl0ck:

Thank you for the update.

When I restarted edge the error message was changed again.

What is the new error message? What changed in it exactly?

• W4rl0ck
    W4rl0ck
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

sorry I mistyped my message first... the error message did not change

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@W4rl0ck:

I see, got it! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• W4rl0ck
    W4rl0ck
    Community Member

I mailed the report and got following ticketid: [#NZC-43935-957]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@W4rl0ck:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NZC-43935-957

• W4rl0ck
    W4rl0ck
    Community Member

The answer from support helped me to find the problem.. you need to install and start chrome at least once to get the extension working in edge, because it requires some files in a chrome folder.

• Hopefully that gem will prove useful to others. Thanks for sharing @W4rl0ck :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.