Credit card first name / last name fields

NoahD
NoahD
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Just reporting a minor issue, and I couldn't find anywhere else to do it.

When 1Password stores credit cards there's a single "cardholder name" field, but some sites (e.g., PayPal) collect the given name and family name separately. 1Password attempts to split the cardholder name, but my family name is two words and only the second part of it shows up. Ideally, I think, 1Password would collect both "cardholder given name" and "cardholder family name" and concatenate them into a single field as necessary, rather than trying to split the name when required.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @NoahD ,
    Thanks for taking the time to write about this.

Do you have an example website where I can reach the payment page and test things, see what I can find?
    One of the main things I'd like to test is the newer 1Password in the browser, and variations of a 2-part family name (e.g. "Aaronson", "Aaron-son", "Aaron son" etc).

• NoahD
    NoahD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron, thanks for getting back to me. I think any PayPal credit card form will show this behaviour—I've made a little temp form to trigger it here:

https://tookish.net/1password.html

If you submit that form, then choose "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", you should see a credit card form with separate first and last name fields. If I autofill my credit card from 1Password, only the last word of my last name is filled.

Let me know if that doesn't show you what you need, and thanks again!

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited May 2021

Hello @NoahD,

Thank you for the link. I confirm that if our names have more than two words separated by a space, it will be difficult for 1Password to tell the last name and the first name. In this case, you can fill your credit card first and then use an identity item to fill your name. 1Password will overwrite your name only but keep the number unchanged.

• NoahD
    NoahD
    Community Member

Makes sense, thanks very much @Nhat_Nguyen.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @NoahD! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.