1Password extension fails in Safari 14.1

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

I have an iMac: Oct 2015, 27” 5K display, Fusion HD, OS 11.3 and the Safari version is 14.1. Using 1Password 7.8.1

Suspicious of the health of my internal Fusion HD, I purchased an OWC external SSD, installed a clean copy of Big Sur 11.3, and migrated my data to it.

When I click on the 1Password Safari extension it won't work.

When I click on Install Browser Extension, it takes me to a page with this title: Get the 1Password classic extension.

"Classic extension". What's that all about?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob38!

The classic extension is the one that requires the 1Password for Mac desktop app to be installed. But we should rather understand why the extension is not responding after clicking on it. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? You might have to quit and relaunch Safari once too, in case that is not enough.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply. I did as you directed: quit 1Password, quit and relaunched Safari and clicking the 1P icon in the Safari toolbar produces nothing. Right clicking on it produces two options; Manage Extension and Customize Toolbar.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BikerBob:

It sounds like something on your system is blocking the extension. Just to make sure we don't forget the obvious, can you try rebooting your Mac once? Then open and unlock 1Password in your browser to see if the issue is resolved.

If it isn't, we can look at some logs.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

I am in a work situation where that is simply not possible right now, Will have to come back to this later this morning. Again, thanks for the great support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @BikerBob, let us know how it goes :+1:

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

A restart did the trick. My thanks.

• ag_tommy
    Options