1password 8.0.33-79.BETA (via snap) doesn't run (libnss3.so missing)

Options
mix
mix
Community Member

Hi,

running Ubuntu 21.04 and couldn't start 1password this morning. I updated some software this morning though I'm not sure if 1password.
When running from the CLI the following error(s) appear:

» 1password                                                                                                                                                                                          130 ↵
/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
/snap/1password/39/app/1password: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ran apt install libnss3 libnss3-dev but doesn't seem to help. Reinstalled 1password but didn't help as well

1Password Version: 8.0.33-79.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 21.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_ag
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi @mix,

Thanks so much for writing in with this! I just tested this out personally and was able to recreate the issue, so I'll be filing this issue internally for the Development team to look into.

I double checked the Terminal install of 1Password, and I can confirm that it doesn't run into this issue - if you'd like to give it a go, here's a handy link for installing from Terminal:

Get to know 1Password for Linux beta - Installation (Debian/Ubuntu)

Thanks again! :smile:

ref: https://gitlab.1password.io/dev/core/core/#4782

• Hi @mix,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that this issue appears to be resolved in the most-recent update, 8.0.33.93! :smile:

• mix
    mix
    Community Member
    Options

@Dayton_ag thanks for the info. Yes indeed it works again :) thanks a lot.

• @mix That's excellent! I'm glad this is up and running again - thanks for bringing it to our attention! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.