1password iphone locked out after upgrading to ios 14.5.1

dougwyu
dougwyu
Community Member

Hi, i recently updated ios to 14.5.1. my iphone 1password app now does not let me use faceid (even though Face ID is toggled on in 1password's settings), and it does not recognise my master password (the one that i also use on 1password mac, which does still work). so i'm locked out of 1password ios. what do i do please? (your instructions for finding 1password ios' version number are out of date).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougwyu!

my iphone 1password app now does not let me use faceid (even though Face ID is toggled on in 1password's settings)

How are you able to get to the 1Password Settings if you cannot use Face ID, and 1Password does not accept your Master Password? Can you please elaborate?

(your instructions for finding 1password ios' version number are out of date).

Can you give us a link to the instructions you are following? Thank you!

• dougwyu
    dougwyu
    Community Member

i mean the general settings in ios settings, where i can "allow 1password to access" various things.

(there's no Update button anymore that i can see)

https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dougwyu:

It sounds like you are trying to find the version of the 1Password app in the App Store, but you can see it inside the 1Password app directly:

To find the version number, open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings. Scroll down to find the version number.

You can see the version number there. In your case however, you won't be able to get there since you are not able to unlock the app though, so you will need to try and recover the Master Password first. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

This discussion has been closed.