Touch ID not working in browser extensions on Chrome and Firefox?

Hi

I am new to 1Password, so pardon me if I have not set it up right.

1Password seems to work fine in Safari and on my iPad, but is not working the way I expected in either Firefox or Chrome on my Mac.

It seems to always want me to key in the master password every time I want to do something. It is not offering the option to use Finger Print id.I have looked at the settings, but cannot find any setting to change to allow Touch ID. I assume I am missing something.

I am on a MacBook Pro. The extensions for both Firefox and Chrome seem to be 1.24.2.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.1
Extension Version: 1.24.2
OS Version: OS11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PhotoGolf!

The feature was added in the latest betas, if you would like to give it a try already ;)

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Hi Ana

I have downloaded the betas of the extensions for both Firefox and Chrome (Version 1.25.6)

I am still being asked to input the Master password rather than being allowed to use my Touch ID on my Mac?

I have looked at all the settings in the Extensions and can't find anything to enable TouchID.

I read an article that said I needed to have turned on TouchID in the Main 1Password App and it syncs with the Chrome extension:
    https://beebom.com/use-mac-touch-id-1password-chrome-extension/

but that is not the issue - I have already had that turned on (and Touch ID works fine from the App and Safari).

I'm obviously doing something wrong

Victor

• @PhotoGolf

Have you also installed the beta version of 1Password for Mac? This is required for the integration to work alongside the beta version for your browser. You can update to the beta version from here. Give that a try and let us know if it helps.

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

thank you that seems to work

Victor

• Hey Victor.

That's great to hear. :smile: I hope you enjoy the integration and Touch ID support. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Michael

This discussion has been closed.