Will not autofill user name & password fields

Options
Nialan
Nialan
Community Member

1Password used to put its logo in the user name and password fields, and detect the proper one according the the web site we're on. I guess it was after a recent upgrade, I was promped to remove my chrome extension and installed a new one from the link provided in the instructions pop windows.

Since then 1Password does not place its logo in the fields, and it does not automatically offer a selection. If you right-click in the field, or in the extension bar in Chrome, or in the new 1Password mini viewer on the Mac tray (upper righ of display), you can invoke the app, and once in a whileit will default to the proper web site credentials. Most of the time it doesn't and we have to search for the credential and click the button to fill in the values.

Is this a bug or a new behaviour?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nialan!

I guess it was after a recent upgrade, I was promped to remove my chrome extension and installed a new one from the link provided in the instructions pop windows.

Can you please remove the extension you installed, and install this one instead?

Get started with 1Password in your browser

This is the extension that shows up directly inside form fields :+1:

• Nialan
    Nialan
    Community Member
    Options

It worked. Thank you.
    What was that? Was this change on purpose? What would I be sacreficing by going back to the autofill extension?

(Honnestly, I like it much better when the field autopopulates.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nialan:

The extension you are now using, the one that shows up inside the fields, is the latest one, the one our developers are working on. The previous one is the "classic" one, we keep it for those who prefer it :)

This discussion has been closed.