Bug in 1.25.6. Unable to create new login

Hi, I think I found a bug in 1.25.6. It lets me authenticate with touchid very well. However, when I try to add a new login using the extension it prompts me to open the 1password app and then nothing happens. No app and no website? Also, hoping this functionality will exist within the extension without having to literally open the app and input the password there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @synacsyn!

I believe our developers are working on adding this feature at the moment.

Also, hoping this functionality will exist within the extension without having to literally open the app and input the password there.

Why do you say that you have to input your password in the main app? If Touch ID is enabled and working in the extension, as you confirmed, the app should be unlocked already at that point.

• synacsyn
    synacsyn
    Community Member

Sorry. I meant that I shouldn't have to go into the app to generate a new login/password. Not that it is requiring a password.

• synacsyn
    synacsyn
    Community Member

and are your developers working on the bug I identified since it i literally cannot create a new login from within the extension?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @synacsyn ,

There are several features that don't work with the new integration between the extension and the desktop app, including the "Open & Fill" from the desktop app, clicking on "Edit" in the extension and creating new items from the extension.

All of these are being worked on :)

• synacsyn
    synacsyn
    Community Member

ok. You can probably also add the ability to disable Autofill to the list of bugs. I have both options set to disabled but the extension still wants to autofill everything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Thank you :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#7456

This discussion has been closed.