Edit item not working

Options
dserodio
dserodio
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm browsing Wired.com, for which I have a 1Password item saved. I click on the 1Password extension icon, it shows the Wired item, and I click on the Edit button. It tried to open a onepassword://edit-item/REDACTED URL (don't know if it's sensitive, so I redacted it) URL. Firefox asked me if it's ok to use 1Password app to open this URL. I agree, and nothing happens.

I retried, and the same thing happened (ie, 1Password app didn't open), except Firefox didn't ask for authorization again because I had already authorized it.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000)
Extension Version: 1.25.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H1030)
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dserodio ,

Looks like you are using our latest beta versions which allows 1Password in the browser to integrate with the desktop app and connect to it.
    While the integration is turned on, clicking on "Edit" in an item won't work since this feature is not yet implemented in the integration. You'll have to open your desktop app and edit the item there manually until we implement this feature.

If you'd like to be able to click the "Edit" button again in the extension, you can turn off the integration in the extension's settings which will allow the edit button to work, but the extension will no longer unlock with the desktop app simultaneously and Touch ID/Windows Hello won't be enabled either.

This discussion has been closed.