1Password compatibility

Options
ScarySulley
ScarySulley
Community Member

Hello,

Is 1Password 6 compatible with MacOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon (with Rosetta 2)?

Also, I know the membership/subscription is the focus, however is the latest version of 1Password (7?) still available as a standalone app? I can't seem to find it on the website? Or are both versions of the app the same and you just choose the subscription or stand alone license within the app itself?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 / 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ScarySulley!

Is 1Password 6 compatible with MacOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon (with Rosetta 2)?

Officially we support 1Password 7 on Big Sur and Apple Silicon. We have not tested 1Password 6 there, and we have received a few reports of users having some issues, so it's definitely a "do it at your own risk" thing. For completeness though, some users seem to be running 1Password 6 on Big Sur without issues, but since we are not officially testing it, a future update might break things.

Also, I know the membership/subscription is the focus, however is the latest version of 1Password (7?) still available as a standalone app?

Yes, 1Password 7 is still available with a license purchase if you prefer.

Or are both versions of the app the same and you just choose the subscription or stand alone license within the app itself?

Correct: you choose a license or a subscription within 1Password 7 directly, the first time you run the app :+1:

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the response, @ag_ana.

I did install 1Password 6 on Big Sur with Apple Silicon and all seems to be working fine. Although I did get an error on my first installation attempt. Probably one of those "bugs." :)

Also thanks for the info regarding 1Password 7! What are the improvements of 1Password 7 over 6?

Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ScarySulley:

What are the improvements of 1Password 7 over 6?

You can see all of them in the changelog here ;) And that's just for version 7.0, if you scroll up on the page you can see all of the new features and improvements of later updates too :+1:

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana, I will look into that!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @ScarySulley, let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way :)

This discussion has been closed.