1P extension broken in Firefox 88

Options

My version of Firefox was upgraded to version 88.0.1 automatically, and now the 1P classic extension is broken in Firefox 88 (out of beta) 88.0.1. The 1P icon is flashing between a greyed-out state and a flicker of blue. It seems to be trying to start but failing or crashing.

I tried turning off all other Firefox extensions but that did not make a difference. 1P does not work on Firefox 88.0.1

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1P subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox 88

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @amorando .
    Please try restarting Firefox and 1Password:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Firefox by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Firefox and test if it is working properly.

A restart to the computer might also do the trick.

• amorando
    amorando
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Yes, restarting the Mac worked, but restarting 1P or Firefox did not, nor did creating a new/clean Firefox profile

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you're up and running again. :sweat:

• tmoehle
    tmoehle
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue in Firefox 88.0.1 (64-Bit) on Windows 10 (current stable build). 1Password classic extension is greyed out. Unfortunately restarting the browser or the operating system does not solve the issue. Re-Installung the extension does not help as well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tmoehle ,

If you're using 1Password classic (and not the newer 1Password in the browser), please try this:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run prompt.
    2. Type in 1password.exe setup and hit Enter.
    3. 1Password will then launch and ask you to enter your Master Password - enter it and unlock 1Password.
    4. Relaunch Firefox and see if 1Password classic now works properly.
  • tmoehle
    tmoehle
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, that did the trick. Thanks so much!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it :)

This discussion has been closed.