1Password not recognising correct Master Password, stagnating, then denying.

DiscoZone
DiscoZone
Community Member

I've noticed weird behaviour today with my 1password on my Mac, I can't get it to open. I also notice it is co-incident with a software upgrade of the application, and an OS Big Sur upgrade. I am returning to the Application trying to resurrect it after a previous occurrence of doubt about my data, and I am anxious again why I can't access my passwords. Would it be an option to delete the app, and download it again and login, my passwords will return from the server?
Thanks in anticipation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @DsicoZone

Do you see multiple helpers of ours in the menu bar? If so, right-click on each and then quit the helper. Try opening 1Password again.

• afatani
    afatani
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I launch the 1Password (MacOS app) and it asks me to enter the master password. When I enter the correct master password the app refuses with a NO jiggle. I am able to successfully login thru the iOS app and the 1Password website using the same master password. I have tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it again but still the problem persist. The last successful login thru the MacOS app seems to be 5 days ago.
    1Password version: 7.8.2

• afatani
    afatani
    Community Member

Hi,

I googled the issue and stumbled upon the following link which resolved my issue.

https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/

Regards,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @afatani! I am glad to hear that you managed to get to the bottom of this already.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.