Ability to add medical records to the application

Options
spearson
spearson
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Lounge

I just caught the tweet that you added medical records to 1password (I'm guessing it's the web app) and wonder if it's coming to the desktop application as well for those that want it.

1Password Version: 7.8.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• grumpy115
    grumpy115
    Community Member
    Options

My primary vault is a local (iCloud sync'd vault). After a recent blog post announcing the new Medical Record item, I found that I could not create one. Apparently these are only supported in Cloud vaults. Will support be added to support this item type in all vaults in the near future? I found I also could not create a Medical Record item in a cloud vault and then move or copy it to a local vault.

1Password Version: 7.8.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS BigSur 11.3.1
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:Medical Record

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grumpy115 - that's correct, the Medical Record category is only available in 1password.com accounts. We don't have plans to bring this category to standalone vaults, currently.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@spearson

I've completed a little housekeeping and merged some topics. Please see Lars post immediately above this one.

• spearson
    spearson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks for merging mine with this one.

@Lars what's the reason to keep the medical record category in the cloud only? I feel it would be a nice addition to the standalone vaults as well.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this new category. But I would prefer to have the details in German language too. I checked in iOS and in Windows desktop app and the details are in English language only.

Please give a German translation of "Medical Record" to us. :) :+1:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

A bit surprised to see this new category (though welcome!).

I have seen so many requests for new categories on this forum that all have been rejected with the remark that you would not introduce any new categories anymore (but work on user templates instead).

Does this mean we will never get user templates? (Business beta only forever?)

• Ben
    Options

Does this mean we will never get user templates? (Business beta only forever?)

I hope not. :)

Please give a German translation of "Medical Record" to us. :):+1:

Translations always lag behind the initial release unfortunately. Hopefully they'll be included soon. :+1:

Ben

• rudy
    Options

@DenalB,

Can you check it now?

• Does this mean we will never get user templates? (Business beta only forever?)

No, I'd say if anything, it means the opposite. We've added two new templates in the last month (Medical Record, and API Credential). In both cases we've had to ask ourselves "is this really the best way to do this?" The outcome of some of those discussions is that we've started to look at templates/categories slightly differently, and the end result is that we're more open to adding new ones than we have been in the past. Some of the reasons we've had for being reluctant still stand though and we'll need to work on those.

In having those discussions, we were reminded of the passion some of us had for pushing our categorization/templating system far beyond what it can do today. I still see custom categories/templates as a part of that future.

forever

We feel that "forever" too. Custom templates and "Send a Copy" are the two features that have sat in Beta mode for effectively forever. In both cases we like the central idea of what we're trying to solve, but we dislike how they're actually implemented. If they're to come out of beta, it'll be by being rebuilt from scratch with the lessons learned from what we disliked with the initial implementation.

Rick

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this honest explanation after my somewhat snarky post.

Looks like I missed the API credential introduction… Where/when was this mentioned?

• rudy
    Options

@XIII ,

it was part of https://blog.1password.com/introducing-secrets-automation/ though seemingly not mentioned in the blog post itself.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy

Can you check it now?

Still everything in English. I tried Windows desktop app 7.6.801 and iOS app 7.7.4 (70704000).

• psalm24
    psalm24
    Community Member
    Options

1password crashes when trying to add a medical record for non-1password.com accounts. Perhaps the option should be greyed out or a an error message posted instead of crashing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@psalm24:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using?

This discussion has been closed.