1Password 7 Mini Behavior

danr
danr
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Mac

I just upgraded my 1Password 6 license to 1Password 7 -- I'm not sure if this is a bug or a intended behavior (I really hope not), but is there a way to disable the advertisement for the 1Password browser extension when Firefox is focused? (See below)

I get my desired behavior when Finder is focused (See modified screenshot below):

However, it constantly shows an advertisement for the browser extension when a browser is focused. I do not want/need the browser extension and 1Password 6 Mini did not have this behavior (it showed the various options like Favorites, Logins, Software Licenses, etc.).

I realize search is still there, but I'd really like to just see my vault rather than an advertisement for a feature that I do not want to use (for example, I don't want to have to search for notes just to view them from Mini; previously, there was a menu).

I have already tried adjusting the settings (All Items and Favorites), but it seems that nothing overrides this advertisement.

If I disable 1Password Browser Helper, it works as intended, but it completely closes out Mini if I close the 1Password window whereas in 1Password 6, Mini was persistent, regardless if the 1Password window was open.

Is there a way to keep 1Password Mini persistent or disable this ad?

1Password Version: 7.8.2
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• danr
    danr
    Community Member

Issue still occurs in 7.8.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danr!

I am afraid that this cannot be changed at the moment as it is working as designed: when the browser extension is not installed, 1Password suggests to install it to have the best experience. We can certainly continue collecting feedback about this though, so we can perhaps reconsider in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this!

This discussion has been closed.