Safari 14.0.3 Plugin Not working

Options

Recently on my Mac, the Safari extension is not working. When you click unlock 1password it does nothing. Or when you click the 1Password in the toolbar is says to open Extensions Preferences in Safari and it does nothing.

I have tried disabling and re enabling the extension in Safari. I cannot uninstall the extension without completely removing and reinstalling 1Password.

Any Ideas?

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2021
    Options

@NippAero

Please try a restart of your Mac.

If you're at a spot where a restart is impractical, the following may be able to help you.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    4. Open your browser.
  • NippAero
    NippAero
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes. The reboot fixed it. Too bad I didn't try that sooner. So used to not rebooting my Mac lately. Appreciate the help.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear it @NippAero :+1:

• mechanicplant
    mechanicplant
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Had the same problem and Right-clicking on 1Password icon and selecting "Quitting 1Password completely" worked! Thank you so much!

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm happy to hear it helped. :chuffed:

• markgreen
    markgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi password Team - I am having a similar problem & 'yes' the

"Right-clicking on 1Password icon and selecting "Quitting 1Password completely" fix works but only for a while - I soon have to do the same again - a bit frustrating. Also note that the person I share 1password is having exactly the same issue.

Is this a know issue that will hopefully be looked at or something I have to live with..?

Thanks in advance

Mac Book pro 2019
    Big Sur 11.3.1
    Safari 14.1
    1 password 7.8.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markgreen:

If this keeps happening to you on a regular basis, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• markgreen
    markgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Will do - I'll wait until it happens again and come back with the info you ask for - thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @markgreen .

Just to note - this is expected when 1Password or Safari undergo an update, so quitting 1Password and Safari re-establishes a healthy connection. But if it just happens out of the blue constantly, then yes we'd like to try and investigate.

I hope you'll have smooth sailing from here on out, but if not, do send us that diagnostics report :)

This discussion has been closed.