Mac App to 1P Cloud sync not working

Options
tonygoulding
tonygoulding
Community Member

I'm using Chrome browser on MacOS with 1P app.
I added a new login account from the browser. If I log in to my vault on the web, I see the new account. However, from the native Mac app, it doesn't appear.
In fact, I now see that "All Items" is 1132 in the Mac app, but 1136 via the web app. Syncing doesn't seem to be working properly. Note I've rebooted.

BTW - I'm not sure what the "sync type" is - I don't recall and can find no obvious way to determine that in preferences.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync not working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonygoulding!

BTW - I'm not sure what the "sync type" is - I don't recall and can find no obvious way to determine that in preferences.

It's possible that you are using two separate sync methods: you mention using iCloud sync, but in your post you say that you checked your items in a browser, which is a feature that is only available if you use 1Password.com as your sync method, not iCloud.

If you open 1Password Preferences, do you see a Sync tab there?

• tonygoulding
    tonygoulding
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,
    I'm using 1Password.com. I guess I was using Dropbox for a while - I notice there's a "Vault.dbx-vault" file there. No Sync tab in 1P preferences.
    In any case, I uninstalled the existing Chrome extension and installed the latest Beta. Now I look and the # items in my vault is consistent between the local app and the cloud. So I'll run with that.
    Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @tonygoulding! I am glad to hear that you managed to get to the bottom of this already.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.