To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade a Guest to a Team member

Options
Zander_venn
Zander_venn
Community Member

Hi

I saw a topic which had been closed, but wanted to add my voice to this. The abilty to upgrade a member to a team member, and vice versa would be great.

The reason it would be better than "deleting and recreating" is

• the individual doesn't need to go through the process of creating a new secret key
  • it requires less work for us time starved administrators

You also asked what the use cases for this are

• Working with interns. We don't know if we will employ them, so we don't want to pay for them a a full member
  • Working with freelancers and suppliers, who start on one project but end up working on more
  • People leaving the company to go freelance - often they will continue to work on a project

In the previous topic you suggested "making people full team members from the start". Obviously that costs more money! If the guests are designed to make them difficult to integrate into an employee progression workflow, just don't offer them!

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zander_venn!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

If the guests are designed to make them difficult to integrate into an employee progression workflow, just don't offer them!

I don't think they were designed to make them difficult to integrate into an employee progression workflow, I think this is a scenario that was just not considered. I know that there are also security considerations and differences between how a guest user and a team member works, so I don't know how much those had a role in this. But this is certainly something that we can keep thinking about and see if we can find a solution :+1:

This discussion has been closed.