Can I undelete my 'Archive' vault?

Options
G_Force
G_Force
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Mac

I wanted to take advantage of the new Archive feature in version 7.8.3 so I moved the items from my "Archive" vault to the new Archive (formerly called 'Trash'). The I deleted my 'Archive' vault. This now seems to have deleted everything that I just moved into the Archive which is not what I wanted. I assumed that when moving items from a vault to the archive, I could safely delete the empty vault. Apparently this is not true. Is there any way to get my 'Archive' vault back? I'm a little freaked out that it looks like I lost all my archived items now. :(

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@G_Force The items in the new Archive (old Trash) belong to a specific vault. If you want to delete your old Archive vault while keeping the contents, you first need to move the contents to another vault, e.g. your Personal vault, and then archive them. Have you looked in View Recently Deleted at 1password.com?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021
    Options

@G_Force:

In case you need it, here are the steps to restore items on 1Password.com, as missingbits suggested:

Restore items

• G_Force
    G_Force
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afriad all the restore options on that support doc involve first going to the vault from which the items were deleted. I deleted my 'Archive' vault so I can't do that. I moved the items from my 'Archive' vault to the new archive feature, then deleted the 'Archive' vault. Now everything I moved seems to be permantely deleted.

Is there any way to get my data back?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@G_Force:

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.