All passwords are "missing" in desktop app

pablovarela
pablovarela
Community Member

Since a couple of days ago all my passwords (except for maybe the most recently created ones) are missing from the second column in the desktop app. The numbering badges under categories give the correct numbers, as far as I can tell, but no password is available from the App or the Safari extension. On the Opera (Chrome) extension it seems to work fine and also everything seems available from the web.
If I log out from my account on the app and log back in again the passwords appear for a while but then they disappear again.

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: 1.24.3
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pablovarela!

If this happens again, instead of logging out and back in again, can you instead try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do all items show up in that case?

• pablovarela
    pablovarela
    Community Member

Hi, Ana: i also had tried that before but I forgot to say. I've tried it again and it didn't solve it. I've also tried rebooting the computer and that also does not solve the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pablovarela:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would try replacing the 1Password app with a fresh copy and see if that helps: from what you are writing, it sounds like nothing is wrong with the data, but something is not working as expected with the app.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari in case you use it and it's open
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password.

Is your data appearing as expected at this point?

• pablovarela
    pablovarela
    Community Member

Followed your suggested steps and data did not appear.

After that I logged out and back into my account and all the information appeared, but the safari extension does not seem to work.
    I then restarted the 1Password Helper and the problem appeared again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pablovarela:

Understood, thank you for the update. At this point I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• pablovarela
    pablovarela
    Community Member

Hi, the ticket number is [#LFH-54436-972]

Thanks!

• pablovarela
    pablovarela
    Community Member

By the way, is there a way to sort by date modified the items in the web interface?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pablovarela:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: LFH-54436-972

By the way, is there a way to sort by date modified the items in the web interface?

Unfortunately not: sorting is currently only available within the desktop and mobile apps.

• pablovarela
    pablovarela
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for all the help with this issue :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @pablovarela! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.