Bug in 1Password 7.8 but was present earlier.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Mac

I've had a problem with 1Password for Mac for 6 months now. Once in a while the favicons would change to another icon from within 1Password. I am now using 1Password 7.8.4 Beta-1 for Mac.

The side icon and the login icon is different.

Awesome news for iOS and Mac users. Although the renaming of Trash to Archive seems superficial, I really like the Direct Delete feature and I may have requested this feature years ago.

1Password 7.7.3 for iOS
iOS 14.5.1

1Password 7.8.4 Beta-1 for Mac
OSX 11.15.7

I would have preferred it if Trash remained and if there was an additional vault named Archive? It looks like this Discussion was solved one way or another. Great work. I haven't checked my Android phone if 1Password has the feature? I hope so!

https://1password.community/discussion/118886/suggestion-archive#latest

1Password Version: 1Password 7.8.4 Beta-1 for Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Below is how the original icons should look like :

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

Are you able to reproduce this on demand? Can you share the steps you are following? I tried in my 1Password for Mac app and I was not able to make this happen.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

@ag_ana,

Are you able to reproduce this on demand? Can you share the steps you are following? I tried in my 1Password for Mac app and I was not able to make this happen.

My steps are normally just use Cmd + \, search Login and select the Login. Sometimes it will look strange and at other times it won't.

It happened again. I canceled the search and tried again and it looks normal on my second attempt.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

It's still happening. When it happens, cancelling the screen and Cmd + \ a second time correctly displays the incorrect Login icons.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're looking into if there may be some caching issue causing this in some cases. Thanks for letting us know.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

@Brenty @ag_ana,

I noticed this happens on Google services more often than it does elsewhere. I have many Sign-ons tied to Google.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

We're looking into if there may be some caching issue causing this in some cases. Thanks for letting us know.

This still happens and I've no explanation for it. Is there any news as to why the caching issue happens?

1Password 7.8.7 Beta-0

This discussion has been closed.